This page publishes the relevant activities that the participants like to share, including publications, research projects, workshops, and outreach activities related to the CDSE Education.
. Hong Liu, Timothy Bernard & Keshav Acharya, (2020) Using GIFT to Develop Adaptive Remedial Courses for Graduate Degree Programs in Data Science, Proceedings of the 8th Annual GIFT Users Symposium, 61-68.
. Liu, H, Warner, T., Ikle, M, and Mitten S. (2020) Harness Big Data by iCycle - Intelligent Computer-supported Hybrid Collaborative Learning Environment, Int. J. Smart Technology and Learning, Vol. 2, No. 1, 2020, pp 31-47.
· Hong Liu, Michael Spector, and Matthew Ikle, Computer Technologies for Model-based Collaborative Learning: A Research-based Approach with Initial Findings, Special Issue on Computer Applications in Engineering Education: Innovations in Engineering Education with Digital Technologies, Ed. Iskander et al, 2018.
· Hong Liu, Matthew Ikle, and Jayathi Raghavan, Collaborative Project-Based Learning Environment and Model-Based Learning Assessment for Computational and Data Science Courses, The Proceedings of Conference ICCS 2018.
· Hong Liu, Andrei Ludu, Jerry Klein, Michael Spector, and Matthew Ikle, (2017) Innovative Model, Tools, and Learning Environments to Promote Active Learning for Undergraduates in Computational Science & Engineering, the Journal of Computational Science Education, Volume 8 Issue 3 pp. 11 – 18, https://doi.org/10.22369/issn.2153-4136/8/3/2 .
• Simpson, A. Ludu , H. J. Cho and H. Liu, (2014), Experimental and theoretical studies on visible light attenuation in water, Atmospheric and Oceanic Physics, retrievable from http://arxiv.org/abs/1408.3883
• Book Chapter, Hong P Liu, Jerry Klein, and Sirani Perara, Use Co-curriculum Activities and Crowdsourcing to Offer Personalized Computational Thinking Education, to appear in “Computational Thinking: Research and Practice”, AECT, Springer, Editor Charles Hodges, Peter Rich, 2016.
• Steven Lehr, Hong Liu, Sean Klinglesmith, Alex Konyha, Natalia Robaszewska, Jacob Medinilla, Use Educational Data Mining to Predict Undergraduate Retention, to appear at the Proceeding of 16th IEEE International Conference on Advanced Learning Technologies ‐ ICALT2016, Austin, Texas.
• T. Lyons, M. Ginther, P. Mascarenas, E. Rickard, J. Robinson, J. Braeger, H. Liu, and A. Ludu - Nonlinear Decelerator for Payloads in Aerial Delivery Systems. II: Results and Optimization; Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (Transactions of IMACS), vol. 127, September 2016, ISSN 0378-4754.
• Lyons, T, Ginther, M. Mascarenas, P. Rickard, E. Robinson, J. Braeger, J, Liu, H., and Ludu A. 2014, Nonlinear Decelerator for Payloads in Aerial Delivery Systems. I: Design and Testing, Nonlinear Dynamics, retrievable from http://arxiv.org/abs/1408.4190 .
• Liu, H. Klein, J. (2013), Using REU Project and Crowdsourcing to Facilitate Learning on Demand, Proceedings of IADIS International Conference on Cognition and Explorative Learning at Digit Ages, Fort Worth, Texas, pp 251-258.
Invited talks, special sessions, and symposia:
· Hong Liu (presenter), Matthew Ikle (Presenter), Michael Spector, and Jerry Klein, Crowdsourcing, Cyberlearning, and Coalition to Empower Small Universities, AAAS PI Symposium Envisioning the Future of Undergraduate STEM Education, Research and Practice, April 27 - 29 in Washington DC, 2016.
· PI leading discussion session, presenters: Marianne Caldwell, Hong Liu, Zahed Siddique, Frank Vahid, Ping Wang, and Michael Spector, Challenges and Opportunities for STEM Online Education, AAAS PI Symposium Envisioning the Future of Undergraduate STEM Education, Research and Practice, April 27 - 29 in Washington DC, 2016.
· Hong Liu, Ludu, et. al, Co-Chair with Michael Spector, Cyberlearning Technology and Deep Learning Assessment in CSE Education SIAM Computational Science & Engineering Conference 2015, Salt-Lake City.
· Hong Liu, Andy Ludu, et. al, Co-chair Hong Liu, Angela Shiflet, MiniSymposium in SIAM Annual Conference, Educational Innovations in CSE, Present Coalition for Undergraduate Computational Science & Engineering Education Proof of Concept, Chicago, July, 2014.
· Hong Liu, Co-Chair with Ersoy Subasi, SIAM SEA Conference 2014, Advance Computational Science Education through Learning Analytics and Massive Open Online Courses, Melbourne, Florida, March 2014.
B4A Project: Use Textual mining to build a Blog Assignment Auto Assessment Aid-on to the Open Learning Initiative Course in Mathematical Modeling and Simulation.
Status, In progress
iCycle Project http://n0m4d.gitbook.io/botcaptain/"
o Summer Workshop 2019 On Advancing Intelligent Agent for Project-based Collaborative Learning
o CMU LearnLab Summer Workshop 2017
SeaPerch Competition for K12 Students at Daytona Beach Area in May 6, 2017